Who is Joe Berlinger? Joe Berlinger Biography and Wiki
Joe Berlinger is an acclaimed American filmmaker, and producer. He particularly focuses on true crime documentaries. His films draw attention to social justice issues in the US and abroad in such films as Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills, Crude, Whitey: United States of America v. James J. Bulger and Intent To Destroy: Death, Denial, and Depiction.
Berlinger released two projects centered on the infamous serial killer Ted Bundy: the Netflix docu-series Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes, and also the thriller film Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile, which he directed.
Joe Berlinger Age and Birthday
Joseph Berlinger is 58 years old as of 2019, he was born on October 30, 1961, in Bridgeport, Connecticut, in the United States of America. He celebrates his birthday on October 30th every year. Berlinger will be 59 years old on Oct 30th, 2020 and his birth sign is Scorpio.
Joe Berlinger Height and Weight
Berlinger stands at an average height and moderate weight. He appears to be quite tall in stature if his photos, relative to his surroundings, are anything to go by. However, details regarding his actual height and other body measurements are currently not publicly available. We are keeping tabs and will update this information once it is out.
Joe Berlinger Family
Berlinger was born and raised by Jewish parents in Bridgeport, Connecticut. Our efforts to find out more about his family came to no avail as no such information is publicly available. Thus, the identity of Joe’s parents is still unclear. It is also not known if he has any siblings. Nevertheless, this section will be updated as soon as it is available. For educational background, Berlinger graduated from Colgate University with a B.A in the German Language.
Joe Berlinger Wife: Is He Married?
Berlinger is a renowned filmmaker and producer who is married to a beautiful woman named Loren Eiferman an avid artist. The couple resides in Westchester County, New York.
Joe Berlinger Net Worth
Berlinger has an estimated net worth of $3 million U.S dollars. This includes his assets, money, and income. His primary source of income is his career as a filmmaker, and producer. Through his various sourced of income, Joe has been able to accumulate a good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Joe Berlinger Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Joe Berlinger.
Joe Berlinger Bio and Wiki
- Full Names: Joseph Berlinger
- Gender: Male
- Occupation / Profession: Documentary filmmaker and producer
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Jewish
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Joe Berlinger Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 58 years old(2019)
- Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
- Date of Birth: October 30, 1961
- Place of Birth: Bridgeport, Connecticut, U.S.
- Birthday: 30th October
Joe Berlinger Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: Not Available
- Height / How Tall?: Not Known
- Weight: Not Known
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Hair Color: Black
- Shoe Size: Not Available
Joe Berlinger Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Not Known
- Mother: Not Known
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Not Known
- Marital Status: Married
- Wife/Spouse: Married to Loren Eiferman
- Children: Under Review
Joe Berlinger Networth and Salary
- Net Worth: $3 million U.S dollars
- Salary: Under Review
- Source of Income: Film making, and producing
Berlinger House and Cars
- Place of living: Westchester County, NY
- Cars: Car Brand to be Updated
Joe Berlinger Ted Bundy | Joe Berlinger Bundy | Joe Berlinger Netflix
Joe re-entered the world of narrative film in 2019 and directed Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, and Vile, which chronicles the life of serial killer Ted Bundy’s longtime girlfriend, Liz Kloepfer. It stars Zac Efron, Lily Collins, Jim Parsons, John Malkovich, Jeffrey Donovan, Haley Joel Osment and Angela Sarafyan. It screened at the 2019 Sundance Film Festival in January 2019.
Joe Berlinger And Bruce Sinofsky
Joe took a position working at an advertising agency in Frankfurt, Germany after graduating from Colgate University. Joe soon transitioned into the world of film, where he began working as an apprentice to the iconic documentarians Albert and David Maysles. He met his future directing partner Bruce Sinofsky while they were both employed by the Maysles. Together, they would then make their directing debut with the 1992 film Brother’s Keeper.
Joe and Sinofsky created the landmark documentary Brother’s Keeper (1992) working as a directing duo, which then tells the story of Delbart Ward, an uneducated elderly man in Munnsville, New York, charged with second-degree murder after the death of his brother William. Roger Ebert a film critic called it “an extraordinary documentary about what happened next, as a town banded together to stop what folks saw as a miscarriage of justice.”
The duo went on to direct the Paradise Lost Trilogy–Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills (1996), Paradise Lost 2: Revelations (2000), and also Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory (2011), which then earned the pair an Academy Award nomination. The trilogy which was shot over two decades focuses on the West Memphis Three, a group of teenagers who were wrongfully convicted of the brutal murder of three children. It raised doubts about the legitimacy of the teenagers’ convictions and also spurred a movement to release them from prison, where one of the men was awaiting a death sentence. The West Memphis Three were released from their respective death and life sentences after filing an Alford Plea with the Federal Court of Arkansas in 2011.
Bruce died on February 21, 2015, at the age of 58, from diabetes-related complications. The band Metallica then paid tribute to him as a “courageous man with deep empathy and also wisdom who wasn’t afraid to dig deep to tell the story.” Joe wrote that Sinofsky’s “humanity is on every frame of the films that he leaves behind.”
Joe Berlinger Paradise Lost
Joe is best known for the film series Paradise Lost, which then documents the murder trial and also the subsequent legal battles of three Arkansas teenagers, Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin, and Jessie Misskelley Jr., wrongfully convicted of murder.
The court then convicted the youths of murdering three eight-year-old boys as part of a “Ritual killing,” though no physical evidence linked the three young men to the crime.
The film documents the 20-year ordeal of these three young men from arrest to conviction, through years of unsuccessful legal efforts, to a final successful appeal which resulted in their release in the summer of 2012.
Joe Berlinger Crude
Joe’s film Crude (2009) focused on the lawsuit by Ecuadorean plaintiffs against Chevron Corporation, for its alleged responsibility for continuing sites of pollution in that country.
Joe Berlinger Whitey Bulger
Berlinger released Whitey: United States of America V. James J. Bulger in 2014 which is a documentary about the infamous Boston mob boss Whitey Bulger was released. He traces Whitey’s trail of terror as well as the FBI’s role in both enabling him and taking him down.
Joe Berlinger Film | TJoe Berlinger Documentaries
- Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 (2000)
- Brother’s Keeper (1992)
- Bruce J. Sinofsky Memorial Reel
- Captive Beauty (2011)
- Crude (2009)
- Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile
- From the Ashes (2017)
- Gray Matter (2004)
- Hank: 5 Years From The Brink (2013)
- Intent to Destroy (2017)
- Metallica: Some Kind of Monster (2004)
- Metallica: This Monster Lives
- Paradise Lost 1: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills (1996)
- Paradise Lost 2: Revelations (2000)
- Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory (2011)
- Paris to Pittsburgh
- Pretty Old (2012)
- Tony Robbins: I Am Not Your Guru (2016)
- Ubah! (2015)
- Under African Skies (2012)
- We The Economy: The Street (2014)
- Whitey: United States of America v. James J. Bulger (2014)
Joe Berlinger TV Shows
- 10 Days That Unexpectedly Changed America (History Channel)
- Addiction (HBO)
- Black Tide: Voices From The Gulf (Animal Planet)
- Cold Blooded: The Clutter Family Murders
- Gone: The Forgotten Women of Ohio (Spike TV)
- Homicide Life on the Street – Identity Crisis (NBC)
- How Sweet the Sound (BET)
- Iconoclasts Season 1 (Sundance Channel)
- Iconoclasts Season 2 (Sundance Channel)
- Iconoclasts Season 3 (Sundance Channel)
- Iconoclasts Season 4 (Sundance Channel)
- Iconoclasts Season 5 (Sundance Channel)
- Iconoclasts Season 6 (Sundance Channel)
- Judgement Day: Should the Guilty Go Free (HBO)
- Judgment Day: Prison or Parole (Investigation Discovery)
- Killing Richard Glossip (Investigation Discovery)
- Master Class Season 1 (OWN)
- Master Class Season 2 (OWN)
- Outrageous Taxi Stories (PBS/Sundance Channel)
- Parole Board: Victims Speak (LMN)
- San Quentin Film School (Discovery Channel)
- The Begging Game (PBS/Frontline)
- The System With Joe Berlinger (Al Jazeera America)
- Unspeakable Crime: The Killing of Jessica Chambers (Oxygen)
- Where It’s At The Rolling Stone State of the Union (ABC)
- Wrong Man
Joe Berlinger Emmy
Sharing with Bruce Sinofsky, Joe was nominated in 2012 for the Oscar featuring Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory (2011)
Frequently Asked Questions About Joe Berlinger
Who is Joe Berlinger?
Xy is an accomplished filmmaker and a renowned film producer best known for films such films as Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills, Crude, Whitey: the United States of America v. James J. Bulger and Intent To Destroy: Death, Denial, and Depiction
How old is Joe Berlinger?
Berlinger is an American national born on 30th October 1961, in Bridgeport, Connecticut. He is 58 years old as of 2019, he will turn 59 on Oct 30th, 2020.
How tall is Joe Berlinger?
Berlinger stands at an average height, he has not shared his height with the public. His height will be listed once we have it from a credible source.
Is Joe Berlinger married?
Yes, he is married to Loren Eiferman. The couple resides in Westchester.
How much is Joe Berlinger worth?
Berlinger has an approximate net worth of $3 million U.S dollars. This amount has been accrued from his career as a film maker in the entertainment industry.
Where does Berlinger live?
He is a resident of Westchester, NY, USA, we shall upload pictures of his house as soon as we have them.
Is Berlinger dead or alive?
Joe is alive and in good health. There have been no reports of him being sick or having any health-related issues.