Is a Trex deck worth it?
It costs more upfront, but thanks to minimal maintenance costs and long life, the annual cost for the life of the fence is significantly cheaper for composite materials. If what you have in mind are the Trex decks of 15 years ago, you’d be surprised to see how far they’ve come.
What are the disadvantages of Trex decking?
- A pricey alternative to wood. Durability comes at a cost, as composite decking is more expensive than wood. …
- Composites aren’t natural. …
- Composite decks aren’t completely maintenance free. …
- You’ll need to comparison shop.
Does Trex decking fade?
Modern composite decking has been engineered to stand up to decades of harsh weather, sun and constant foot traffic. Also, Trex composite decking offers a 25-year warranty that protects against fading and staining and warp.
How does Trex decking hold up?
Is Trex decking slippery when wet?
Are Trex decks hot?
Can you power wash Trex decking?
Has Trex decking improved?
Does Trex decking mold?
How do I make my Trex deck look new again?
- Step 1: Pre-spray your deck. …
- Step 2: Spray with soapy water & scrub. …
- Step 3: Rinse thoroughly. …
- Step 1: Pre-rinse. …
- Step 2: Mix up your vinegar solution. …
- Step 3: Sprinkle baking soda. …
- Step 4: Rinse thoroughly.
Can you seal Trex decking?
You don’t have to seal the surface once it’s been cleaned, but I suggest you do. By properly sealing or staining composite decking, you could get several years of use out of it before you need to clean it again.
Why is my Trex deck turning white?
Can you stain old Trex decking?
Can you jet wash composite decking?
Why is my Trex deck fading?
Can you recolor Trex decking?
How do you clean an old Trex deck?
How much does it cost to resurface a deck with Trex?
Trex decking costs $1,600 to $9,600, averaging about $4,800. That’s $5 to $12 per square foot for just decking boards and $5 to $15 per square foot for installation. Size is the biggest price factor, with 144 square feet ranging from $1,440 to $3,900 compared to $3,000 to $8,100 for 300 square feet.