Stay Duration: 90 days
- Citizens of Zambia intending to visit Hong Kong can stay for a duration of 90 days without a visa
- Zambians intending to visit Hong Kong are required to provide a passport with six months of validity and with at least two blank pages for stamps on arrival and departure.
- Travelers are required to hold onward tickets to the place of their destinations, unless the destination is the Mainland of China or Macao.
- Zambian citizens are also required to provide proof that they have enough funds to cover their expenses while in Hong Kong. A valid onward or return ticket back to Tunisia is needed as well.
- Travelers are required to have at least 50 USD per day to cover entire daily expenses in Hong Kong.
- If you plan to stay for more than 90 days, obtain an extension with the Hong Kong SAR Immigration Department.
- Hong Kong has a low crime rate. Even so, you should exercise caution when in congested areas and pay particular attention to personal belongings while in crowded areas and while traveling on public transportation.
- Please note that mace, pepper spray, stun guns, bullets, and other self-protection weapons are banned in Hong Kong.
- Police have the right to take you in for questioning if you are not carrying your passport.
- Hong Kong customs authorities enforce strict regulations concerning controlled items you might be carrying while transiting Hong Kong (temporary importation or exportation).
- Hong Kong International Airport (HKG) security routinely and completely screens any luggage loaded on to an aircraft in Hong Kong whether belonging to departing or transiting passenger.
- Discovery of weapons of any kind – including stun guns – during this screening will be referred to the police for investigation, leading to arrest and detention.
- Among the other items that you must declare to customs officials are liquors, tobacco, cigarettes and cigars, methyl alcohol, and merchandise imported for commercial purposes.
- There are no currency restrictions for travelers.
- Hong Kong is 6 hours ahead of Zambia.
- In Hong Kong, the power plugs and sockets are of type G and D. The standard voltage is 220 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz.