Indian Visa is not required for Georgians
Stay Duration: 90 days
- Nationals of Georgia can travel to India for a period of 90 days by applying for an electronic visa(e-visa). The e-visa costs about US$80.
- Tourists are advised to apply for the e-visa, at least four days before departure.
- Prospective visitors are to show a passport valid for a period of 6 months beyond the date of arrival into India. The passport should have at least two blank pages for visa stamping.
- Citizens of Georgia visiting with firearms need an Import Permit from the Directorate General of Civil Aviation in India.
- The import and export of foreign currencies are unlimited, however, amounts exceeding $ 5,000 or its equivalent would be declared.
- Also, the importation and exportation of the local currency of India are set at a maximum of INR 25,000.
- Visitors from Georgia are not required to show a certificate of yellow fever vaccination on entry into India. They are advised to be vaccinated against common illnesses before their travel.
- Minors visiting India alone are required to have a consent letter signed by both parents or guardian.
- Travellers need to show evidence that they have enough money to spend while in India.
- Tourists with pets (dogs and cats) must be accompanied by a veterinarian health certificate issued in Georgia.
- Intending visitors can get to India from any international airport in Georgia. There is an international airport in Tbilisi.
- Gulf Air, Air Arabia, Air Astana and Multiple Airlines are some of the airlines that fly from Georgia to India.
- The estimated flight duration from Gambia to New Delhi, India is 8 hours, 50 minutes.
- The official currency used in India is the Indian Rupee. Tourists can visit various banks and exchange outlets in the country to exchange their foreign currencies.
- India has a temperate and tropical climate. It has four major seasons which are summer which is from March to May, winter from December to February, monsoon from June to September and post-monsoon also known as northeast monsoon which is from October to November.
- India is a country with hundreds of languages spoken in the country. It has no national language. Hindi and English are however the official languages.
- Hinduism, Christianity and Islam are the major religions in India. Other religions like Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism are also present in the country, although as a minority.
- Cows do wander freely in the streets of India even in major cities. They are harmless, so tourists are advised to give them room. Also, Indians value their cows and respecting these cows can prevent a bad relationship with the locals.
- The Taj Mahal, The Holy City of Varanasi, Harmandir Sahib and The Golden City are some of the places tourists can visit while in India.
- The power and socket plug used in Singapore are of Type C, D and M. The standard voltage is 230 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz.
- Tourists are advised to budget about $43 to spend on daily expenses while in India.
- Transportation in India can be done with buses, train, taxis and small boats.
- India uses India Standard Time (GMT+5:30). India is 1 hour and 30 minutes ahead of Georgia.
- Special delicacies tourists can try while in India are butter chicken, alu gobi, rogan josh and samosas.
- Tourists are expected to be courteous and conscious of existing rules and customs as they go about their tourism-related activities.