eria and with the number of trusted retail sites available, it is no surprise Nigerians have started patronizing these sites opting to buy mobile phones amongst others that are locked or tied to foreign networks like AT&T Wireless, Sprint, Verizon and others from sites like eBay.com and amazon.com or going through a trusted person, friend or relative abroad to make the purchase and send through a courier service on your behalf.
Cell phones have emerged as a best source of communication which has the capability to satisfy other needs as well. Everyday, we get to see a launch of new gadgets to attract a good number of people. All mobile makers including Nokia, Sony, Samsung, Apple, Blackberry, HTC, LG, Motorola etc. are coming up with advance technology in their handsets. Network service providers are introducing many mobile deals with the help of mobile manufacturers. With the help of these deals consumers can buy mobile phones at low price without any tension of huge monthly bill. Heavy competition in mobile arena forced companies to offer various offers to consumers, but it becomes confusing for a user to select the best deal or handset out of huge number. Find More on our website.
These locked phones are usually cheaper as most of them have been used or refurbished by the manufacturer but the problem is that most of these phones are still locked to the foreign networks.
Some people offer mobile unlocking services here in Nigeria however what they do is something you can easily do yourself so why waste you hard earned money paying for a service already at you fingertips.
I will show you how to unlock a phone tied to a foreign network with the steps below:
Steps To Unlock Your Mobile Phone
There is an unlocking service in Nigeria presently http://www.unlocknaija.com/ and all you have to do is open the site, select the manufacturer of the phone, select the phone model and click on unlock now.
On the next page you will have type in your IMEI and email address you want the unlock code to be sent to. Accept the terms and conditions and click on checkout now where you can use your ATM card to make payment.
The code will be sent to the email address provided within the stated waiting time.
- Go to the website sim-unlock.net on your laptop or any internet enabled phone.
- Click on the logo of the phone you want to unlock on the website, a list of the phone models would be displayed.
- Click on the model of your phone you want to unlock
- Click on the “Unlock” button, it would take you to another page displaying the various carriers.
- Look for the carrier your phone is locked or tied to and click on “Order”
- A page to type in the IMEI number of the locked phone would open.
- Dial *#06# to get the IMEI of the locked phone
- Type in the IMEI number i the the box and click on “Make an Order” button
- Enter your details such as name, phone number and email address. Click on the “Make an order” button
- Select your payment method and make the payment for the service. After payment, your order will be processed and you’ll receive the unlock code through your email provided in step 9 above. The delivery time depends on your carrier
- Once you receive the code, insert your new carrier Sim car or any other Sim card into the locked phone.
- It would show you a prompt to enter the unlock code, enter the code emailed to you.
That’s it! Your phone has been unlocked.
So no need to head down to that unlocking store, they don’t do anything special other than the steps explained above.