Do you need more information about the NIMC pre enrolment, registration portal, and registration form? Then you’re just on the right page. Read on!
The National Identity Management Commission [NIMC] was established in 2007 to provide an assured identity system in Nigeria. The commission became operational sometime in 2012 and since then, millions of Nigerians have been enroll and millions more are yet to be enrolled.
Honestly, the inability to find these NIMC centers and the long queues a person finds when he gets to these centers are contributory reasons why many people haven’t enrolled for the National Identity Number yet irrespective of speculations that abound that the National Identity Number will become mandatory from 16t January, 2015.
If you haven’t been enrolled for this all-important identity system, it is important that you do and do so before the stipulated deadline.
To find the NIMC center close to you, click here to get the full list of centers around the country. Locate the one close to you and start your enrollment process.
If you are not comfortable with crowds or you dislike waiting or you live in the part of the country where insurgents seek any opportunity to terrorize the masses, you make want to reduce the time of your wait on getting to the centers.
To do so, you can jump-start your enrollment process by pre-enrollment.
How to Pre-Enroll for NIN
To jump-start your NIN enrollment process, follow the following steps:
- Go to the NIMC Pre-enrollment Portal by clicking the link here
- Once the page opens up in your web browser, you will be required to create an account. To create the account, you will need to have a valid email or create one on Gmail
- Once you’ve created your account successfully, You can now log into the portal to commence your pre-enrollment process
- Your pre-enrollment process will require that you answer questions about yourself. The questions are going to be presented to you in categories like Personal Details, Address Information, Parent’s Data, Next of Kin Information, Other Documents, Disabilities and Physical features. Answer these questions as correctly as you can.
- Revise and cross check all the information you have supplied them for any spelling errors or other errors. Save the supplied info and generate a 2D barcode that encrypts your data.
- Print out the generated 2D barcode and head out to the NIMC center closest to you. Please take a valid identity card with you: a driver’s license, your university ID, voter’s card or NYSC certificate.
Upon arrival at the NIMC centre, you will present the 2D barcode you printed out along with a valid ID card to the staff there. Most often than not, they will need to measure your height. After that you will present the barcode to the computer operator who will use it to retrieve your information from the database.
He will scan your valid ID card take pictures of your face and capture your finger prints. Lastly, you will be asked to sign and ‘like play like play’, you are enrolled.
PS: A transaction slip will be given to you as an acknowledgment of your enrollment. You will use it to collect your NIN and National ID card if you don’t get the message from them after two months.